Saturday, February 20, 2010

Missives from Paris


have arrived in this weeks post.

Using the front of envelopes, I continued to play with my new paints.

Then filling them with Paris paraphernalia I chose to mail them
to myself just for the fun of it.

I would have preferred pretty postage stamps, but having left them with the concierge to post I ended up with a Paris metered stamp over pictures of folded airplanes.

They are still fun and the folded plane images are clever.




Fortunately my adorable lover indulges me in my whimsy and creativity.

He surprises me with a ditty that makes me smile, and the necklace,
beautifully and meticulously handcrafted by a French woman,
his Valentine gift to me!

.




.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE your envelopes! How whimsical and fun they are. I have saved some envelopes for 20 years that were done with love and whimsy and calligraphy like this! Lovely! And the love poem from your special man. I will have to snap photos of the ones my special man used to leave under my pillow after I went off to work and he went to his work 150 miles away. We are now married but I have saved the poems in my scrapbook. I will try to send you off a photo someday soon. He writes just like your guy does...with such love!
    xox
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your envelopes and the necklace is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete